Can I try it out before I sign up?
- You are more than welcome to come in a couple times (no more than 2) to try us out.
Do I have to commit for a set term?
- We have 3 investment opportunities for yourself at Mercury Strength and Conditioning:
- Month-to-month: $159.99 + HST
- 6-month commitment: $129.99 + HST per month
- 12-month commitment: $119.9 + HST per month
How long are the classes?
- 1 hour in length.
What does a class entail?
- Movement specific warm-up.
- Skill work.
- Strength movement.
- Conditioning workout that compliments the strength movement.
- Cool down / stretching.
What type of clothing should I wear?
- Comfortable athletic attire.
What kind of shoes should I wear?
- If you are Olympic lifting, wearing Olympic weightlifting shoes which have a raised heel is beneficial.
- For the conditioning workouts, comfortable running or cross training shoes are totally acceptable.
What should I expect when I walk into Mercury Strength and Conditioning facility?
- A welcoming, friendly, and non-judgemental environment.
- Clean and up to date equipment.
Do you have bathrooms and/or a shower?
- 2 bathrooms and 1 shower.
What should I expect from my first workout?
- Focused attention due to smaller class sizes.
- Lighter weights or modified movements if required.
What should I expect after my first workout?
- You will probably be sore with that discomfort going away after a couple of days.
- Don't think that because you are sore the training is too hard.
- This just means that your muscles have to adapt to a new stimulus.
- The discomfort will become more manageable the longer you train.
How often should I come?
- It's strongly recommend attending no less than 3 classes per week.
- The reason for this is that if you come less than that, the ability to retain knowledge of lifts and movements is decreased and after 3 days, unless you are a seasoned athlete, your fitness levels start to die off.
Can I train if I'm pregnant?
- Remaining active during pregnancy is not only important for your health, but it is important for the growth and development of your baby.
- The workouts can, and will, be modified for you in order to stay fit while going through the wonderful process of pregnancy.
- You will be closely monitored so you and your baby are not put it harms way.
- Any information with regards to your pregnancy is vital (i.e. pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, normal pregnancy, etc.)
- Rest assured, this information will not be shared with anyone.
What should I do if I have an injury?
- The coaching staff can modify movements in order to allow you to still train efficiently and safely.
- We work closely with massage therapy.
- We share a close relationship with chiropractic and physiotherapy care.